Please be advised that Special-Lite has a zero tolerance policy. We do require you to pass a drug screen upon hire which includes testing for THC, Marijuana. You will also be required to undergo a background check.
Special-Lite manufactures engineered architectural products, which includes commercial entrance systems, interior aluminum (Type II) framing with swing or sliding aluminum framed doors, and FRP restroom partitions. Our interior and exterior complete entrance system products are fiberglass or aluminum flush doors with many door face texture options including wood grain, aluminum monumental (stile & rail) doors, fiberglass and aluminum framing. Our engineered, made to order architectural products are used in new construction and renovation projects for educational, commercial, institutional, industrial and municipal applications. The company was founded in 1971 and pioneered the use of fiberglass reinforced polyester (FRP) material for door skins in the early 1980's, and today is the largest volume producer of commercial FRP doors in the United States.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The physical demands described in this job description must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Special-Lite will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Summary: The Plant Manager directs and coordinates all daily activities of the Production Department. They ensure the development of a high performing work teams and positive employee relations, while focusing on and meeting the Company values and customer demands. The Plant Manager has responsibility for all aspects of manufacturing inside the facility, including production, scheduling, maintenance, vendor and customer communication as related to manufacturing and reporting to leadership.
- Ensures safe work practices and resolves safety issues.
- Maintains the strong culture of the organization based on collaboration and trust.
- Leads the lean process and champions continuous improvement through collaboration and working with others.
- Monitors, reports on, and develops countermeasures as appropriate in respect to our Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Coaches and develops team leaders and managers to be better leaders.
- Develops, interprets, and ensures consistent enforcement of policies and procedures based on our unique culture.
- Responsible for integrating new products and product changes into our production system.
- Assumes overall accountability for quality and on time delivery to our customers.
- Promotes transparency and utilizes strong multi-directional communication throughout the organization.
- Controls maintenance activities for equipment and the facility.
- Responsible for managing production to meet expectations regarding Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost (SQDC).
- Maintains a neat, orderly, and organized work area in line with the Special-Lite Star program.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Maintain manufacturing lead time below 6 weeks.
- Maintains and enhance Special-Lite’s collaborative Can-Do employee focused culture.
- Implementation of a total preventative maintenance program, resulting in reduced down time.
- Improvement in overall quality with an associated reduction in scrap and reworks.
- Improvement in days on hand inventory levels in to meet strategic goals.
- Reduction in none material costs commensurate with continuous improvement efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in materials and production management.
- Minimum of three (3) years of leadership experience.
- Excellent attention to detail in all aspects of assigned work.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes, production lines, and equipment.
- Advanced understanding of manufacturing procedures and practices.
- Experience with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques.
- Ability to effectively plan and manage change.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
- Ability to manage department budget.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal forms.
- Ability to develop and nurture strong, productive relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate equipment, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stand and walk.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, twist, and crawl.
- Occasionally required to lift, push, pull and/or move up to 50-pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally subject to loud noise.
- Safety glasses and steel toe shoes are required on the production floor at all times.
- Hearing protection is required in designated areas.
- Frequently subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electric current and exposure to heat and chemicals.
- Occasionally subject to conditions including one or more of the following that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, or poor ventilation.
- Occasionally exposed to cold, hot, wet and/or humid shop conditions.
- Retirement and Savings Plan and Trust – 401(k)
- Performance Incentive Plan
- Christmas Bonus
- Safety Equipment Provided
- Shop Uniforms Provided
- Paid Vacation
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Personal Time Off
- Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty Leave
- Benefits Continuation (COBRA)
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan
- Health Insurance – Medical/Prescription/Dental Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance Coverage
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Medical and Dependent Care
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Assistance Program, providing voluntary, professional counseling and referral services to employees and dependents