Young Professionals Trap League
Any and all members of the YP group who are interested in a classic trap shooting league.
- Up to 4 rounds of trap matches.
- Clays are thrown as singles..
- To keep things fair, we will use handicaps of 2 yards max.
- 2 matches ($5 a match) of 25 birds for score to be tallied at the end of the year for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. Potential prized at the end of the season.
- Up to 2 matches of “Protection” style shooting where a random pairing of shooters share a lane. If the 1st shooter misses, the second shooter has a chance to make the shot. Each shooter pays $5. Winning team takes home half the total amount of match fees collected. 10 shooters=$50, winners take home $25, range keeps $25.
Coloma Rod and Gun Club. Tuesday evenings beginning May 1st.
First bird is thrown at 6:00pm. Depending on number of participants, matches should be over by 8:30-9ish. There are lights to allow after dusk shooting.
First meeting to cover sign-ups, rules, and initial safety briefing to be announced.
As with all shooting sports, safety is of absolute concern. All participants will be required to sign a waiver and a hold harmless agreement with Coloma Rod and Gun Club. There will be range officers for everyone’s safety. Any shooter unable to act in a safe and responsible manner will be asked to leave. Use of alcohol is absolutely prohibited during shooting and while on Club Property. Eye Protection and Hearing Protection is required.
- Single shot, pump, O/U, or autoloading shotguns
- Any Gauge except 10ga is acceptable
- 2 ¾” shells with no larger than #7 1/2 shot
- Highly recommend a shooting vest or a pouch to hold shells needed to complete a match. 25 shots max per match (1 box)
- Eye Protection and Hearing Protection is a must.